Hello Everyone, I’m KDT, and today we are gonna be seeing about a Download Manager which accelerates the speed of your downloads. It is none other than Free Download Manager. As we all know that the famous IDM(Internet Download Manager) is quite expensive. So, this will be a great and free alternative for IDM.
I’m gonna assume that you know what is meant by a Download Manager as it is a basic thing. No worries if you don’t know what it is, Click Here to know more about it. Now, let’s dive straight into the installation.
DOWNLOADING & INSTALLING
- First, visit https://www.freedownloadmanager.org/
- Now click on the button Free Download and download it. It is available for Windows, macOS, Android, and Linux.
- Now just go through the installation prompt, It is pretty straightforward for both Windows and Mac. If you have any queries or doubts, leave them in the comments.
- Open Free Download Manager
- Click the menu and open the Preferences option.
- Now select Browser Integration under the Preferences menu.
- Just click on any of the download options according to the Browser you’re using.
- Now you’re all set and done. Let’s now see the speed difference!
As you can see that before downloading the Free Download Manager, the download speed was only 262kb/s, But after installing it, it has enormously increased and downloading at the rate of 1.6mb/s.
There is also an antivirus option that you can enable so that every time you download something with Free Download Manager, it gets scanned for any viruses. It’s a pretty cool feature as the files will get scanned automatically and you don’t have to worry about any malware. It is also possible that you can set it to Manual Scanning so that it does not scan automatically and you could do them manually. There’s also an option that enables you to choose which Antivirus scans the file. Such as Kaspersky, Bitdefender.
This is a very good and efficient way to improve the speed of your downloads. But it does have a downside, when it is downloading at such a good speed, it uses more data than usual. So, if you’re using limited internet such as mobile data, be cautious about it or else you may run out of data.