Hello everyone, today I am going to talk about an important issue which has been boomed in the recent days. Right now somebody may have guessed.
It is the Zoom app,
As you all know that after the Coronavirus Pandemic, many live classes have been conducted by Schools, Higher Education Institutes and Universities all over the world. Because of this the Zoom app had a major turnover by many other millions of new users joined Zoom.
It has been used by many people all over the country but its not that secure and efficient. Let me explain this clearly by what are the vulnerabilities the Zoom app had.
- UNC path injection’ vulnerability that could allow remote attackers to steal victims’ Windows login credentials and even execute arbitrary commands.
- On April 3, 2020, the Washington Post reported that the video conferences that we do is publicly accessible on the Amazon storage dumping.
- There were many policies that were not fair were included in T&C – Terms and Conditions.
Some of them are :
- They use the Facebook API which is used to send all the user data in zoom to the Facebook add algorithm.
This is used to show ads to us according to our peak interests collected by Zoom.
- Even now few days back, there was a data breach which exposed the info of millions of clients in Zoom.